The Bachelor of Science Degree in Electronic Engineering Technology from FVSU is the only one of its kind available in middle Georgia. One advantage still enjoyed by the program is small class sizes in technical courses. This provides students with the opportunity to receive individualized attention in their training. State-of-the-art laboratories, facilities and equipment provide relevant and practical experience for students in the program.
Electronic Engineering Technology (B.S.)
- Application Engineer/Technologist
- Field Service Engineer
- High School Engineering and Technology Educator
- Manufacturing Engineer
- Plant Operation Engineer/Technologist
- Production Design Engineer/Technologist
- Sales Engineer
- Telecommunication Technologist
- Test Engineer
To be admitted to the university high school students must have a GPA of 2.25 as well as an SAT score of 430 on Critical Thinking/Verbal and 400 on Math or an ACT score of 17 on English and 17 on Math.
Enollment & Graduation Numbers
|Fall 2013||Spring 2014||Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Fall 2015||Spring 2016|
Number of Graduates in Academic Year 2012-2013, including Summer 2013:
|Fall 2012||Spring 2013||Summer 2013||Total|
Number of Graduates in Academic Year 2013-2014, including Summer 2014:
|Fall 2013||Spring 2014||Summer 2014||Total|
|Fall 2014||Spring 2015||Summer 2015||Total|
Number of Graduates in Academic Year 2015-2016, including Summer:
|Fall 2015||Spring 2016||Summer 2016||Total|
FVSU EET Program Educational Objectives and Student Outcomes
- The Electronic Engineering Technology Program Educational Objectives:
The EET faculty has established the Program Educational Objectives for the Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology at FVSU, and they are given below. Graduates are prepared to be practicing Electronic Engineering Technologists with the following attributes:
- possess adequate technical knowledge in their discipline;
- have problem solving skills necessary to succeed as engineering technologies;
- have a well rounded general education background;
- have good oral and written communication skills;
- have awareness of professional ethics;
- have the ability for life-long learning; and
- have awareness of contemporary global issues and a commitment to continuous improvement.
- The Electronic Engineering Technology Student Outcomes:
In order to achieve the EET Program Educational Objectives, the EET faculty has established the Student Outcomes for the Bachelor of Science in Electronic Engineering Technology at FVSU, and they are given below. Students at the time of graduation will have:
- an appropriate mastery of terminology, definitions, and laws related to analog and digital electrical and electronic circuits and systems;
- an appropriate mastery of the principles of operation of semiconductor devices, electronics circuits, and techniques to analyze such circuits;
- an appropriate mastery of the fundamentals of Boolean algebra, logic gates, combinational and sequential logic circuits and basic architecture of microprocessor system;
- an appropriate mastery of the fundamentals of electromagnetic phenomena and their use in understanding wave propagation in transmission lines, and electromagnetic radiation;
- an ability to analyze and solve analog and digital circuits;
- an ability to apply creativity in designing analog and digital circuits;
- an ability to conduct experiments using general purpose lab equipment for measurement, data collection, and interpretation of data;
- an ability to use modern software tools for circuit analysis and for report writing;
- an ability to communicate effectively both in report writing and oral presentation;
- an ability to function effectively in team activities;
- an ability to understand Engineering Code of Ethics and solve ethical problems that may arise in the practice of the profession;
- an ability to recognize the need for lifelong learning;
- an awareness of cultural diversity, societal and global issues; and
- an awareness for commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement.
Visit fvsu.edu/eet for more information.
The Electronic Technology program is accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission (ETAC) of ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology).