Post-Doctoral Fellow: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL (1989-1991)
Doctor of Philosophy: Botany (Plant Biotechnology) - Jodhpur University, Jodhpur, India (1986)
Master of Science: Botany (1981)
Bachelor of Science: Biological Sciences (1979)
2001-Present: Professor, Plant Biotechnology (Tenured) - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
2001-Present: Director, Center for Biotechnology and NSF HBCU-UP, REU-Site & S-STEM Programs - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
1995-2000: Research Associate - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
1992-1994: Post-Doctoral Fellow - Monsanto Agriculture Company
1989-1991: Post-Doctoral Fellow - University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL
Honors & Awards
- 2005 Presidential Award for Excellence in Science
- Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring (PAESMEM) at White House, Washington, November 16, 2005
- J. W. Davidson "Outstanding Teaching Excellence Award" at FVSU May 7, 2006
- Outstanding Mentoring Award at the 7th Annual NSF HBCU-UP National Research Conference, February 9-12, 2007
- Outstanding Grantsmanship Awards from FVSU President Larry E. Rivers and Dr. Erroll B. Davis Jr., Chancellor of the University System of Georgia, May 7
- Genetic engineering of plants for medicinal uses
- Biomass and biofuels production
- Dhir S.K., Knowles K, Livia C. Pagan, Mann J, Shireen Dhir, Singh HP (2010). Optimization and Transformation of Arundo donax L. Using Particle Bombardment. African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 9 (39), pp. 6460-6469, 27 September.
- Dhir S.K., Singh H.P., Dhir S. (2008). Sweet Potato: In the Transgenic and Molecular Tailoring in Plants, Transgenic Series, Pulses, Sugar and Tuber Crops, Vol. 3, Blackwell Publishing, (eds.) Chitta R. Kole et.al, pp, 157-175.
- Singh H.P., Dhir S., Dhir S.K. (2008). Stevia: In the Transgenic and Molecular Tailoring in Plants, Transgenic Series, Pulses, Sugar and Tuber Crops, Vol. 3, Blackwell Publishing, (eds.) Chitta R. Kole, et al. pp, 97-115.