ABD: Family & Consumer Sciences Education - Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Certificate: Family Financial Planning - Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Master of Science: Textiles and Clothing - Iowa State University, Ames, IA
Bachelor of Science: Vocational Home Economics Education - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Interim Program Leader for FCS Cooperative Extension Program - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Coordinator, Family and Consumer Sciences Teacher Education Program - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Assistant Professor and Extension Specialist/Textiles and Clothing - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Department of Family & Consumer Sciences - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Textiles and Clothing Extension Specialist/Adjunct Assistant Professor Cooperative Extension - Fort Valley State University, Fort Valley, GA
Textile Designer - J. P. Stevens & Company, Dublin, GA
Visiting Instructor - University of Illinois Champaign-Urbana
Honors & Awards
- Recognition of Accomplishments in Grantsmanship, Office of Sponsored Programs, 2010-2012
- Award, Outstanding Contributions, FVSU, Department of Family & Consumer Sciences, 2010
- Outstanding Service Award, Pioneering Efforts toward Faculty Development for 1890 FCS-DIA, Council of 1890 Administrators in FCS, AEA/ARD Land Grant Conference, June 2008
- Award, 1890 Council of Administrators in Family & Consumer Sciences, 2007, AAFCS Conference
- Davis, K., Johnson, L., Ralston, P., Fields, M.E., Young-Clark, I., Colyard, V., Fluellen, V. & Rasco, M. 2010. Perceptions, experiences, and use of Resources as selected HBCU students transition to graduate school and professional roles in family and consumer sciences. Family & Consumer Sciences Research Journal, 39 (1).
- Chapter in Book: Fluellen, V. "Penny Ralston." In J. Miller, D. Mitstifer and G. Vaughn (Eds.), African American Women: Contributions to the Human Sciences. Kappa Omicron Nu & Coalition for Black Development in Family and Consumer Sciences, 2009.
- Ralston, P., Colyard, V., Fluellen, V.M., Rasco, M., Fields, E., Floyd, K. 2004. The SciencPrep Project: A cooperative effort to strengthen scientific preparation of diverse undergraduate students, Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences. 96(3), 16-23.