Doctoral student: Education - Walden University, Minnesota (2017)
Master of Science: Criminal Justice - Chicago State University, Chicago, IL (1997)
Bachelor of Science: Criminal Justice - Chicago State University, Chicago, IL (1995)
Over 25 years of experience as a human services educator that is committed to helping people to help themselves. Serves as the 1890 4-H Program Leader representative on the National 4-H Extension Committee on Organization and Policy (ECOP-4-H) and is the first African-American to be appointed to the ECOP 4-H Committee, NIFA/USDA Vulnerable Populations Incarcerated Youth Chair, NIFA/USDA Professional Development 1890 4-H representative, e-Extension Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Chair of the Listen and Learn Committee. LEAD 21 Leadership graduate. Member of the National 4-H Pathways Team.
Over 15 years of professional working experience as a 4-H positive youth development educator/4-H camp director/counselor, over seven years (7) of professional working experience as a case manager, family consultant, mental health professional, mentor, and over 10 years of professional working experience as a NIFA/USDA grant proposal reviewer/proposal writer, Epsilon Sigma Phi extension member, and criminal justice adjunct instructor.
Services Offered/Area(s) of Expertise
4-H healthy living, 4-H entrepreneurship, 4-H innovation STEM/Agriculture education project development, mentoring, bullying prevention, leadership development, proposal writing, career development, conflict resolution, decision making, goal setting, development of positive self-esteem, National Fatherhood Instruction and 4-H life skills education.
Honors & Awards
- 2014: National 4-H Youth Voice Youth Choice Walmart Foundation Grant Project: $55,000
- 2014: 4-H Citizenship, Washington Focus Scholarship: $10,000
- 2013-2016: NIFA/USDA 1890 4-H Capacity Building Grant Project: $248,000
- 2013-2014: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention 4-H LIFE National Mentoring Grant Project: $41,000
- 2013-2014: Office of Juvenile Justice and Delinquency Prevention 4-H YFP Mentoring FVSU/UGA Grant Project: $118,000
- 2013-2014: National 4-H Youth Lockheed Martin 4-H Robotics Grant Project: $15,000