Doctor of Philosophy: Human Sciences - Florida State University (2001)
Graduate Certificate of Studies: Gerontology - Florida State University (1998)
Master of Science: Human Nutrition - Mississippi State University (1974)
Bachelor of Science: Home Economics (Dietetic Option) - Mississippi State University (1971)
Associate degree: Biology - Coahoma Junior College (1969)
Executive Director, FVSU Head Start
Project Director, FVSU Pre-K Program Grant
Center Sponsor for CACFP Grant, Bright from the Start: Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning
Member, Board of Directors, L.E.A.P., SciencePrep Think Tank (in collaboration with Florida State University: Charter Member, FCS-DIA Distance Education Alliance).
Services Offered/Area(s) of Expertise
- Childhood obesity
- Community health
- Nutrition education
- Quality of well-being of rural southern elderly
- Family financial planning
- Product development
Honors & Awards
- Silver Circle Award for 25 years of Service, American Association of Family and Consumer Sciences
- FVSU Faculty of the Year Award (2004)
- Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges (2001)
- Seminole Torchbearers Leadership Award (2001)
- Dissertation Research Award (2000)
- Jewell L. Taylor National Fellowship (1998)
- Evening Optimist Can Do Award for Volunteerism (1989-1991; 2003-2004)
- Food Product Development
- Food Safety and Sanitation
- Nutrition Education
- Childhood Obesity
- Family Financial Planning
- Quality of Well-being of Rural Southern Elderly
- Rehm, M.L., Allison, B.N. and Johnson, L.D. The Internet and Critical Issues for Families. Journal of Family and Consumer Sciences Education, 21 (2): 33-41, 2003.
- Johnson, L., Hunt, S., Conteh, D., "Sensory Responses to Sweet Potato Convenience Products," Hortscience 22(5): 977, October, 1987.
- Johnson, L.D., Sweet Potato Recipes, "Sweet Potato Extravaganza" Made at Home Show, The Fort Valley College Cooperative Extension Program and Marion County Extension Service, September, 1987.
- Johnson, L.D., Goat Product Recipes, Agricultural Research Station, August 1986.
- Brecht, P., Johnson, L.D., Gonzales, R., “Tomato Fruits That Resist Ripening”, The Cornell Publications Vol. XXX, No. 304 (Autumn-Winter, 1974).