Master of Science: Agricultural Economics (International Trade and Marketing concentration) - North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University, Greensboro, NC (1999)
Bachelor of Science: Agricultural Economics - Fort Valley State University (1995)
2010-Present: USDA/1890 Program Liaison - U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), Office of Advocacy and Outreach, Higher Education Initiative, 1890 Programs, Fort Valley State University
2012-2013: Interim Director - USDA, Office of Advocacy and Outreach, Higher Education Initiative, 1890 Programs
2009-2010: Grants Manager - USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service, Fruit and Vegetable Programs, Specialty Crop Block Grant Program
2005-2009: USDA/Agricultural Liaison Officer - USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (Interagency Personnel Agreement), Delaware State University
2007: Program Analyst (detail/temporary assignment) - USDA, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, 1890 Programs
1998-1999: Economist - USDA, Agricultural Marketing Service, Transportation and Marketing Programs, Shipper and Exporter Assistance
Services Offered/Area(s) of Expertise
- Enhance and expand the relationship between USDA and FVSU by developing outreach programs involving 4-H, small and limited resource farmers, and other FVSU agricultural programs by inviting USDA and community persons to the campus to showcase its agricultural and related science programs
- Assist in the development of new ideas and approaches to reach small and limited resource farmers in Georgia and the surrounding community by being an active participant with the GA Food and Agriculture Council, Team Agriculture Georgia (TAG), the USDA Strikeforce Initiative and other partnering groups in order to reach underrepresented populations
- Assist in recruitment and retention of students in agriculture and USDA related disciplines and provide students with employment opportunities within USDA by holding campus seminars and conducting high school presentations and classroom visits
- Coordinate new programs of mutual interest between USDA and FVSU by creating ideas for programs for USDA, FVSU and stakeholders to view the benefits of each.
Honors & Awards
- 2009 USDA/Agricultural Marketing Service Administrator's Award for Civil Rights
- Grain Transportation Prospects report – USDA quarterly online publication (www.ams.usda.gov), 2000-2002.
- An Economic Study of Tariff-Rate Quotas as Related to the U.S. Tobacco Market – Master's Thesis, 1999.
- Grain Transportation Report – Weekly USDA publication (online and hardcopy – www.ams.usda.gov), 1998-1999, 2003-2004.
- The Issues of Tariff Rate Quotas – Paper and presentation for Annual Professional Agricultural Workers Conference (PAWC) Meeting, 1997.
- Georgia's Growing, Newsletter for Ag in the Classroom, Georgia Farm Bureau Federation, Feature Articles for 1995-1996.