Doctor of Health Sciences: Nova Southeastern University, Fort Lauderdale, FL (2008)
Master of Public Health: Environmental Sciences - Fort Valley State University (2005)
Bachelor of Science: Veterinary Technology - Fort Valley State University (1994)
2013-Present: Program Coordinator/Lecturer - MPH Program - Fort Valley State University
1995-2013: Lead Veterinary Technician & Adjunct Instructor - Veterinary Science - Fort Valley State University
Adjunct Instructor - Fort Valley State University
Adjunct Instructor - Kaplan University, Miami, FL
Adjunct Instructor - St. Francis University, Loretto, PA
Book Review Editor - VSPN.org - www.vspn.org
- Zoonotic Diseases
- Baylisascaris procyonis
- Scientific writing/presenting
- Gastrointestinal nematodes in small ruminants
Under Current Publication for Upcoming Editions
- Mosby's Comprehensive Review for Veterinary Technicians, Chapter 2: Urinalysis and Hematology
- A Laboratory Manual of Clinical Pathology for Veterinary Technicians; Co-authored by Dr. Oreta Samples and Dr. Scott Echols. To be published in 2014 by Teton-New Media, Jackson Hole, Wyoming
Tasks for Veterinary Assistants, 3rd Edition, 2014, Chapter 2: Professional Conduct, Chapter 11: Patient Care I and Chapter 16: Endoscopy; OM Samples
- NAVTA Journal, Fall 2013, Importance of Collecting and Evaluating Rumen Fluid in Cattle, OM Samples, DA Smith, S Mobini
- Today’s Veterinary Practice, Fall 2013, Diagnostic Testing for Internal Parasites, OM Samples
- NAVTA Journal, 2013 Convention Edition, Are You Ready to Go? A Guide to the Best Veterinary Conventions, OM Samples
- NAVTA Journal, Summer 2012, Baylisascaris procyonis: A Zoonotic Threat to Veterinary Technicians, Samples, O.M.
- NAVTA Journal, Spring 2011; Handling and Care of the Common Green Iguana, Samples, O.M.
- VTARC Companion, April 2010; Sunset Horizons: The Care of Geriatric Dogs, Samples, O.M.
- NAVTA Journal, Winter 2009; The Care and Handling of Boa Constrictors, Samples, O.M., Murphy, K.
- Veterinary Technician Magazine, January 2003; Understanding Parasite Problems in Large Animals, Samples, O.M.
- Veterinary Technician Magazine, May 2003; What You Should Know About Tick-Borne Diseases; Samples, O.M.
- Veterinary Technician Magazine, May 2004; Emergency Care of Rabbit: A Clinical Challenge; Samples, O.M., Murphy K.
- Veterinary Technician Magazine, April 2005; Basics of Ear Infections in Dogs; Samples, O.M.
- TechTalk, AALAS Newsletter for Technicians, Vol. 10, Issue 4; August 2005; Mosquitoes: The Littlest Lab Animal; Samples, O.M.
- I Love Cats, January 2006; Weight Watchers for Kitties; Samples, O.M
150 reviews published with www.vspn.org between the years of 2008-2014 including:
- Veterinary Epidemiology
- Clinical Procedures of Large Animal Medicine
- Essentials of Medical Language
- Clinical Anatomy and Physiology Laboratory Manual for Veterinary Technicians
- Mosby's Veterinary PDQ, 1st Edition
- Saunders Veterinary Terminology Flash Cards
- Practical Transfusion Medicine for the Small Animal Practitioner
- Common Diseases of the Companion Animal
- Veterinary Anatomy & Physiology: A Workbook for Students
- Clinical Anatomy & Physiology for Veterinary Technicians
Book Reviews for NAVTA Journal include the following:
- Clinical Canine and Feline Respiratory Medicine, 2011
- Clinical Medicine of the Dog and Cat, 2nd Ed. (2011)
- Essentials of Western Acupuncture (2010)