T.E.A.M. Success 2017 will run from Monday, June 5 to Friday, July 14, 2017. Interested students may apply beginning on Wednesday, February 1, 2017. Applications must be completed and submitted by Friday, April 7, 2017. Application materials are now available for download on this page.
This Summer, Earn While You Learn!
What is TEAM Success?
TEAM Success is a paid six-week summer program that exposes high school students to careers in Agriculture, Family and Consumer Sciences and related areas.
What can I expect?
The job description and responsibilities for this position are a combination of office and field work. To some degree, physical activities (i.e. evaluating crops, working with animals, conducting cooking demonstrations and assisting with youth-related programs) are required to successfully complete this program.
In addition to gaining hands-on professional work experience and becoming more familiar with the different components of your community, this program provides a $2,100 stipend.
How do I apply?
To apply, applicants must live in one of the 14 counties where a Fort Valley State University Cooperative Extension Agent or Program Assistant is based. Those counties are Bulloch, Crawford, Dougherty, Hancock, Houston, Irwin, Laurens, Lowndes, Macon, Marion, Peach, Talbot, Terrell and Twiggs.
The completed application must be submitted to the student's local FVSU Extension Agent. Once applications are submitted in person, students should send an e-mail to Kena Torbert at firstname.lastname@example.org (with "TEAM Success" in the subject box) informing the Team Success coordinator that his/her application has been submitted.
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE TEAM SUCCESS PROGRAM, AN APPLICANT MUST:
- Be interested in attending Fort Valley State University
- Be interested in a career in agriculture, family and consumer sciences, 4-H or related field.
- Live in a county where FVSU Extension Agent or Program Assistant is based.
- Be a rising junior or senior, or graduating from high school Spring 2017.
- Have at least a 2.4 cumulative grade point average.
- Write an essay (at least 250 words) answering the question:
What qualities do I possess that will help me achieve success at Fort Valley State University?
- Have parent(s) or guardian(s) approval and support (Parental Consent is Required).
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 16 years old by April 7 (application due date).
- Submit a completed application, which includes:
- Official high school transcript for the 2015-2016 school year.
- Three letters of recommendation from school teachers, administrators or community leaders.
- Completed essay (see the essay question above).
Fort Valley State University is committed to embracing our students' dreams for a prosperous future
Have I been selected?
Applicants will receive written notification if they have been selected to participate in the program.