T.E.A.M. Success 2018 will run from Monday, June 4 to Friday, July 13, 2018. Interested students may apply now. Applications must be completed and submitted by Friday, April 13, 2018. Visit fvsu.applicantpro.com/jobs/729931.html to apply.
This Summer, Earn While You Learn!
What is TEAM Success?
TEAM Success is a paid six-week summer program that exposes high school students to careers in agriculture, family and consumer sciences and related areas. The programs begins June 4 and ends July 14, 2018.
What to expect?
As a TEAM Success student, your responsibilities for this position are a combination of office and field work. Physical activities such as evaluating crops, working with animals, conducting cooking demonstrations and assisting youth-related programs are required to successfully complete the program.
In addition to a $2,100 stipend you will gain hands-on professional work experience and become more familiar with the different components of your community while living at home.
Who etc apply?
Applicants must live in one of the 14 counties where a Fort Valley State University Cooperative Extension Agent or Program Assistant is based. Those counties are Bulloch, Crawford, Dougherty, Hancock, Houston, Irwin, Laurens, Lowndes, Macon, Marion, Peach, Talbot, Terrell and Twiggs.
How to apply?
- A completed application.
- Official high school transcript for the 2016-2017 school year.
- Three letters of recommendation from school teachers, administrators or community leaders.
- Completed essay (see essay requirements below).
The completed application must be submitted to fvsu.applicantpro.com/jobs/729931.html by Friday, April 13, 2018.
To be selected for the TEAM Success program, applicants must:
- Be interested in attending Fort Valley State University.
- Be interested in a career in agriculture, family and consumer sciences, 4-H or a related field.
- Be a rising junior or senior, or a Spring 2018 graduating high school senior.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 16 years old by April 6 (application due date).
- Have at minimum a 2.4 cumulative grade point average.
- Write an essay (at least 250 words) answering the question: What qualities do I possess that will help me achieve success at Fort Valley State University?
- Have parent(s) or guardian(s) approval and support (parental consent is required).
Applicants will receive electronic notification of selection by Friday, May 11, 2018.
For more information contact: Kena M. Torbert, TEAM Success Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org / 478-825-6573 or your local Fort Valley State University Cooperative Extension Agent.