Agricultural Communications Ambassador
Gain experience, learn new techniques and add value to an integral unit of Fort Valley State University through service as the agricultural communications ambassador for the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology.
- Promote the social presence of Fort Valley State University’s College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology to brand, build awareness and share impact.
- Maintain daily communications with internal and external audiences by sharing and retweeting content.
- Provide ideas for tweets, posts and social media interaction.
- Capture photographs through a digital SLR camera or camera phone to gather images appropriate for social media use.
- Be punctual, reliable, have a positive attitude, possess a willingness to learn and take initiative.
- Must be available 4-5 hours a week.
- Other media duties as assigned.
- Above average written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of internal and external audiences.
- Must be a student enrolled in the College of Agriculture, Family Sciences and Technology, or Media Studies student.
- Must classify as a sophomore, junior, or senior.
- Must hold a 2.4 GPA or higher.
- Must present two letters of recommendation from a professor, job supervisor, or civic group leader.
- Must write a letter of intent, (minimum of 300 words) expressing their future career goals, and how this opportunity could be beneficial towards those goals.
- Possess mediocre to advanced computer skills.
- Ability to exercise good judgment, discipline, and decorum when engaging in social media activity, and while attending events.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Experience using Social Media platforms, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Experience using Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Adobe Creative Suite software, including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Flash is a plus.
To apply, please submit an unofficial transcript, two letters of recommendation, a resume and a letter of intent to email@example.com by January 17, 2020. Submissions should be sent as a PDF or Microsoft Word document file. Student will be notified of selection by January 22. Official start day is January 27.