Given the public health situation and related precautions suggested by our government and the public health department, TEAM Success has been cancelled for 2020.
What to expect?
As a TEAM Success student, your responsibilities for this position are a combination of office and field work. Physical activities such as evaluating crops, working with animals, conducting cooking demonstrations and assisting youth-related programs are required to successfully complete the program.
In addition to a $2,100 stipend you will gain hands-on professional work experience and become more familiar with the different components of your community while living at home.
Who can apply?
Applicants must live in one of the 14 counties where a Fort Valley State University Cooperative Extension Agent or Program Assistant is based. Those counties are Bulloch, Crawford, Dooly, Dougherty, Hancock, Houston, Irwin, Laurens, Lowndes, Macon, Marion, Peach, Talbot and Twiggs.
How to apply?
- A completed application.
- Official high school transcript for the most recent school year.
- Three letters of recommendation from school teachers, administrators or community leaders.
- Completed essay (see essay requirements below).
To be selected for the TEAM Success program, applicants must:
- Be interested in attending Fort Valley State University.
- Be interested in a career in agriculture, family and consumer sciences, 4-H or a related field.
- Be a rising junior or senior, or a graduating high school senior.
- Be a citizen of the United States.
- Be at least 16 years old by the application due date.
- Have at minimum a 2.4 cumulative grade point average.
- Write an essay (at least 250 words) answering the question: What qualities do I possess that will help me achieve success at Fort Valley State University?
- Have parent(s) or guardian(s) approval and support (parental consent is required).
Applicants will receive electronic notification of selection.