Ramana M. Gosukonda, PhD
Associate Professor of plant science and biotechnology
Academic Program: Biotechnology, Plant & Environmental Soil Sciences
Research Area: Plant Biotechnology
Research efforts have been focused on bioinformatics, applied artificial neural networks, applied biotechnology, curriculum design, and pedagogy. Other research interests include development of instructional/research tools using latest technologies.
Doctor of Philosophy: Plant and Soil Science, Alabama A&M University, Normal, AL (1998) Dissertation Title: Development of an in vitro plant regeneration protocol for genetic transformation of Populus deltoids
Master of Science: Computer Science - Alabama A&M University, AL (2000)
Master of Science: Plant and Soil Science - Tuskegee University, Tuskegee, AL (1994) Thesis Title: In vitro morphogenesis of sweet potato plants
Master of Science: Botany - Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India (1989)
Bachelor of Education: Teaching skills for science curriculum - Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India. (1990)
Bachelor of Science: Botany, Zoology, Chemistry - Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana State, India. (1986)
- Ramana Gosukonda, Ajit K. Mahapatra, Xuanli Liu, and Govind Kannan. 2015. Application of artificial neural network to predict Escherichia coli O157:H7 inactivation on beef surfaces. Food Control 47: 606-614.
- Xiangyan Zeng, Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Sanjeev Arora, Nabil Yousif, Ramana M. Gosukonda, and Dawit Aberra. 2013: Illumination and Rotation Invariant Texture Representation. The Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, Computer Vision, and Pattern Recognition (Vol. II).
- Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Sanjeev Arora, Ramana M. Gosukonda, and Nabil Yousif. 2011. Engaging Computer Science Students in Electromechanical Engineering Projects, ASEE Annual Conference and Exposition, Vancouver, Canada, June 26-29, 2011.
- Systems Bioinformatics, Stanford, CA. August 8-12, pages 187-188.
- Ramana M. Gosukonda, Ajit K. Mahapatra, and Xuanli Liu. 2013. Application of Artificial Neural Networks for Predicting Escherichia coli O157:H7 Reduction on Beef Surfaces. ACM Mid-Southeastern Conference, Gatlinburg, TN. November 14-15, 2013.
- Xiangyan Zeng, Masoud Naghedolfeizi,, Nabil Yousif, and Ramana M. Gosukonda. 2012. Illumination and Rotation Invariant Texture Segmentation. 2012 IACSIT Singapore Conferences. Co -sponsored by 4th International Conference on Graphic and Image Processing, Singapore October 6-7, 2012.
- Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Ramana M. Gosukonda, and Nabil Yousif. 2012. Application of Computing Neural Networks to Forecasting Service Life Estimation of Plant Components. ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 15-16 , 2012.
- Nabil Yousif, Masoud Naghedolfeizi, Xiangyan Zeng, and Ramana M. Gosukonda. 2011. Developing a Pre-Assessment Instrument to Measure Readiness of Students in a Data Structures Course. ACM-Mid-Southeast Chapter Gatlinburg, TN Nov. 10-11, 2011.