Sarwan K. Dhir, PhD
Plant Science Program Coordinator, Professor of Plant Biotechnology
Academic Program: Biotechnology, Plant & Environmental Soil Sciences
Research Area: Plant Biotechnology
- Genetic engineering of plants for medicinal uses
- Biomass and biofuels production
- 2005 Presidential Award for Excellence in Science
- Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring (PAESMEM) at White House, Washington, November 16, 2005
- J. W. Davidson "Outstanding Teaching Excellence Award" at FVSU May 7, 2006
- Outstanding Mentoring Award at the 7th Annual NSF HBCU-UP National Research Conference, February 9-12, 2007
- Outstanding Grantsmanship Awards from FVSU President Larry E. Rivers and Dr. Erroll B. Davis Jr., Chancellor of the University System of Georgia, May 7
Post-Doctoral Fellow: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, IL (1989-1991)
Doctor of Philosophy: Botany (Plant Biotechnology) - Jodhpur University, Jodhpur, India (1986)
Master of Science: Botany (1981)
Bachelor of Science: Biological Sciences (1979)
Dhir S.K., Knowles K, Livia C. Pagan, Mann J, Shireen Dhir, Singh HP (2010). Optimization and Transformation of Arundo donax L. Using Particle Bombardment. African Journal of Biotechnology Vol. 9 (39), pp. 6460-6469, 27 September.
Dhir S.K., Singh H.P., Dhir S. (2008). Sweet Potato: In the Transgenic and Molecular Tailoring in Plants, Transgenic Series, Pulses, Sugar and Tuber Crops, Vol. 3, Blackwell Publishing, (eds.) Chitta R. Kole et.al, pp, 157-175.
Singh H.P., Dhir S., Dhir S.K. (2008). Stevia: In the Transgenic and Molecular Tailoring in Plants, Transgenic Series, Pulses, Sugar and Tuber Crops, Vol. 3, Blackwell Publishing, (eds.) Chitta R. Kole, et al. pp, 97-115.